Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2013 annual letter to Frame and Wheel customers


Dear Frame and Wheel customers,
I am pleased to say that 2013 has been a year of solid growth for Frame and Wheel. Rated transactions increased 50 percent year on year to 833 (2012: 533) due to continued domestic and international demand for wheels, components, frame sets and bikes. The feedback score remained unchanged at 100 percent positive with buyers expressing satisfaction with Frame and Wheel’s accurate descriptions, fast shipping and professional customer service. Meanwhile, repeat and new business from individuals and independent bicycle dealers continues to fill the order book.  However, 2013 proved to be the year that important lessons were learned. Some customers expressed disappointment with the selling prices of their items. Some buyers complained that shipping and handling expenses were too high. I have realized that the level of detail in the descriptions is sometimes more than what is required. Consequently, I have introduced a consignment option for customers who want to realize a minimum amount from a sale. I have also revised the shipping and handling policies to lower shipping expenses. I plan to simplify and limit the length of the descriptions. Meanwhile, I have restructured the Frame and Wheel website so that it describes the eBay selling service exclusively, and created another website for Austro-Daimler frame sets (www.a-dbikes.com). I believe that the result of these changes will be improved competitiveness and better customer satisfaction for buyers and sellers. I would to thank Frame and Wheel customers for using the service and I look forward to working with you again in 2014.

Fred Thomas
President
Frame and Wheel, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment